Monday, April 9, 2012

New Life

   No, I have not fallen off the face of the earth, I've just taken an unannounced break from blogging. As I very briefly mentioned in a previous blog my family and I moving. I just got caught up with packing and all that so many things got put to the side for a bit. But we are moved now and getting settled so I decided to let you know that yes, I am still here, still planning on blogging and cooking!

   I will have to give a brief overview of this past month or so to get caught up.  I'll tell ya right now, God has sure had His hand on this move.  Every day I realize more and more just how blessed I am to be here. A few days before we moved my energy, appetite, and emotional state shot up! I was able to help do some light packing and helping out-oh did that feel good! Once we got to the new house I was able to be up much of the day unpacking the kitchen and getting things organized. I was so relieved to be out of "my chair", to help, and do some easy enough work.

   I have met some of the most amazing people here. They have ministered to me in a way I never expected. They just took me in and made me feel like we've known each other for years! They have prayed over me many times and I have seen such amazing changes.

   This last week was a bit of a rough start, my colon began lightly bleeding again. It wasn't enough to really scare me but fear tried to get in there and I felt the weight of discouragement, but I just said no it and asked God to take my hand and give me a thankful heart. Because truly, I have so much to be thankful for and if I can be thankful, being sick seems to shrink and becomes less of a worry. My Jesus can handle anything so I lay myself and this burden of sickness at His feet and He wraps me in His arms and takes my burden from me and gives me peace. That is enough to be thankful for.

I have more recipes to share and an exciting cookbook that I found, but I'll save that for the next update, I WILL be back! :)

Be thankful!!
~elise

2 comments: